The Episcopal Church
he Episcopal Church Welcomes You
* As Episcopalians, we are followers of Jesus Christ, our Lord, and believe in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
* The Episcopal Church has members in the United States, as well as in Columbia, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Austria,
Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Haiti, Honduras, Micronesia, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, Venezuela, and the
* We strive to love our neighbors as ourselves and respect the dignity of every person.
* The Episcopal Church is part of the worldwide Anglican Communion, and traces its heritage to the beginnings of Christianity.
* Our liturgy retains ancient structure and traditions, and is celebrated in many languages.
* We welcome men and women, married or celibate, to be ordained as bishops, priests, and deacons.
* We believe in amendment of life, the forgiveness of sin, and life everlasting.
* Lay people exercise a vital role in the governance and ministry of our Church.
* Holy Communion may be received by all baptized Christians, not only members of the Episcopal Church.
* We uphold the Bible and worship with the Book of Common Prayer.
* We affirm that committed relationships are lifelong and monogamous.
* Episcopalians also recognize that there is grace after divorce and do not deny the sacraments to those who have been divorced.
* We affirm that issues such as birth control are matters of personal informed conscience.
* We celebrate our unity in Christ while honoring our differences, always putting the work of love before uniformity of opinion.
* All are welcome to find a spiritual home in the Episcopal Church.